Luminario Ballet presents “Hard As A Rock” on Sunday November 21, 2021.
After almost two years, Ballet Lighting is back! Harder, faster, higher and more exciting than ever! Enjoy an evening of dancing and help revive a favorite LA dance company!
Luminario Ballet’s “Hard As A Rock” will feature new works and covers of unique contemporary ballet and aerial dance to truly uplifting, overwhelming, rock, classical and unclassifiable music!
Special guest performers:
Bianca Sapetto will present a unique aerial harness duo rarely seen in Los Angeles since the legendary 2006 “LedZAerial” shows at the Key Club at the end of the Sunset Strip, with Alicia Cutaia, to music performed live by Morgan Sorne.
* Bianca is five times national rhythmic gymnastics champion, an Olympian, a veteran performer of Cirque du Soleil (antenna and character), choreographer / director / antenna for Teatro ZinZanni San Francisco, and co-choreographer of “LedZAerial”.
Alexandre’s stable will perform the scorching solo “Mutatio”, with music from the Deftones; a review of how we have all been changed over the past 18 months due to the covid performing arts shutdown.
* Alex is a founding member of the Luminario Ballet. He watched “The Dream” from the Wynn Hotel for eight years; prior to that, he starred in Cirque du Soleil’s “Zumanity”.
* * *
Judith FLEX Helle, Artistic Director of Luminario Ballet, will present the evening’s namesake piece “Hard As A Rock”, a vibrant, rocking, ballet and aerial dance to ballet superheroes crushed by kryptonite bouncing to save the day on the music catchy from Vivaldi.
* Judith is the choreographer of Schubert’s award-winning “Winterreise”; World Choreography Award nominated aerial ballet “Lift Ticket” and producer / artistic director / co-choreographer of Led Zeppelin’s “LedZAerial” aerial ballet with C d S’s Bianca Sapetto and NIN’s Robin Finck.
Jamal’s story will have two works on the program: a revival of her fierce battle of the sexes “If Walls Could Scream” from Luminario Ballet’s first season at Avalon Hollywood in 2009; and the premier of a new quartet that will tour in December 2021 and nationally on Luminario’s East Coast tour in 2022.
* Jamal was a dancer / dance captain for CHER, Dance Theater of Harlem, “Motown the Musical” on Broadway and founding choreographer of the Luminario Ballet in 2009.
The laureats :
* Jamal Story, “godfather” choreographer of the Luminario Ballet since 2009
* Renae Williams Niles, legend of the LA dance community: of the LA Philharmonic, USC Kaufman School of Dance, Dance at the Music Center, Lula Washington Dance Theater
* Bianca Sapetto, founding member of the Luminario Ballet in 2009, Cirque du Soleil
Additionally, Luminario Ballet will present the 12-minute dance film ‘L’Invalide’, on the big screen, directed and choreographed by Judith FLEX Helle during Covid lockdown, starring the beauties of Luminario Ballet. Take a journey into the mind of the artistic director of the Luminario Ballet on a wild and feverish Covid dream with psychedelia, vampires and ghosts.
5:30 p.m., doors open for organized cocktails, silent auction, sit-down dinner, Fund A Need Live auction, winners.
Opening of the doors of the general audience:
1735, rue de la vigne
Hollywood, California 90028
COVID Security Protocol:
Proof of vaccination or a negative covid test (48 hours) must be provided at check-in for entry.
[email protected] | 818-235-6588