Blended Festival, the fast-growing music, wine and food event presented by My Wine Society, announces the culinary lineup and wine lineup for their first Blended Austin, which will take place Friday September 10 and Saturday September 11 at Hartman Lawn at the Long Center for Performing Arts (701 W. Riverside Dr, Austin, Texas 78704).
The two-day wine-centric event also announces new regulations and safety guidelines in light of the current COVID-19 protocols in place in the city of Austin, which can be found below. For updates, follow @BlendedFest on Instagram and Facebook.
Celebrated Blended Festival sommelier Matthew-Loren Lindsey (@TheLordofWine) is on a mission to make wine accessible and accessible to a younger generation by using this national wine festival as a platform. The wine tent is the centerpiece of the festival, and festival-goers will be able to try hundreds of wines carefully selected by Matthew-Lorèn.
“My approach to designing the wine experience at Blended is to make wine incredibly accessible,” said Matthew-Loren Lindsey. “I want to offer familiar dishes, but also take your palate on a journey to discover new favorites. My ultimate goal as Executive Sommelier of the Blended Festival is to make wine an extension of your lifestyle.”
Festival-goers can sample wines at various on-site themed wine bars, including:
- The Assembled Champagne Bar
- The taste of summer – Rosè Bar
- Cabernet Sauvignon Flight – Cabernet Sauvignon from around the world
- Vol Pinot Noir – Pinot Noir from around the world
- A tour of France
- A tour of Italy
- Sommelier Selections – The favorite wines of the festival’s famous sommelier Matthew-Lorèn
- Celebrity wines
- And more!
The wine brands presented include:
- Mum Champagne
- Beau Joie – Champagne
- Daou – Rose
- Miraval – Rose
- 19 Crimes – Snoop Edition
- House n ° 9 (Post Malone)
- Mont Veeder – Cabernet Sauvignon
- Belle Glos – Clark & Telephone – Pinot NOir
- Miranda Lambert – Texas Red Mix
- Zack Brown Band – Cabernet Sauvignon
- Myx (Nicki Minaj)
- Marques De Riscal – Tempranillo
- Louis Jadot
The 2021 Blended Austin culinary range will include:
- The Fry Guy by culinary entrepreneur Ronnie Brown
- Shawarma stitch by chef Fraz Vohra
- Smoke Game Strong by Matthew Leon
- Bonsai bowls from chef Au Sing Den Jonathan Leichliter
- Bori Bites by Chef Laurie Cepa Deville
- Lick it up by Edgar Delfin
- Sandia Concessions by Chef Lucy Sanchez
- HOU Shave the Ice
In accordance with the City of Austin Public Health Protocols, participants will be required to adhere to the following rules and regulations:
- A negative COVID test within 72 hours is required, regardless of vaccination status. For those who choose not to take a test in advance, Blended Festival will offer Covid-19 rapid testing services on-site for an additional fee of $ 30.
- Masks to be worn except for eating or drinking.
- COVID-19 health survey conducted via the Clear Health app – download here.
In light of this new health protocol demand, Blended Festival is offering all ticket buyers a 50% companion pass – attendees can use their unique order number upon check-out to receive a half-price ticket of their choice. .
Blended Austin will feature a main stage that will host top performers and local talent. Festival goers will also get a taste of Austin with popular food vendors and a culinary scene featuring notable chefs (tbc). Performing artists at the event include Kaskade, Nelly, 3Lau, Kim Lee (Netflix’s “Bling Empire”), Blanco Brown, Bryce Vine, Loud Luxury, Blackillac (“Best Hip Hop / Rap” at the Austin Music Awards 2020 ), Audic, the favorite of his hometown. Empire, Cat Dealers, On The Outside, Brandi Cyrus and Blake Horstmann (“Bachelor in Paradise” alum), among others.
Tickets can be purchased now by visiting www.blendedfestival.com. Two-day packages start at $ 149 with VIP and Premium upgrades and layaway plans available. The event will be cashless and all ticket holders will need to download the Clear Health pass for a health survey upon entering the festival grounds.
“We are delighted to bring this unique mix of genres and top talent to the ‘Live Music Capital of the World’,” said Kalika Moquin, Director of the Blended Festival. “The Blended Fest brand is designed to thrive where music, wine and dining enthusiasts reside and visit. Austin embraces all three.”
Additionally, Blended Festival will feature a wellness fair, in partnership with When The Music Stops (WTMS.), The nonprofit and community organization that supports emotional and mental health through music, connection and l ‘love.
Premium activations will include the Subaru VIP Village offering exclusive bottle service, lively bar hours and famous DJs, and the My Wine Society wine tent at the center of the action, giving festival-goers the opportunity to try a wide selection of national and international wine cellars. Famous sommelier Matthew-Lorèn will be on hand to educate and answer wine-related questions throughout the weekend.
Blended Festival, powered by My Wine Society (MWS) – the popular wine app for millennials – gives festival goers a chance to interact socially, both before and during the event. By downloading the MWS app, attendees can virtually meet other ticket holders, join chat rooms, earn badges, track their wine tastings, interact with wine brands, be the first to know when performers occur, as well as accessing official pre and post. – parties, free drinks, tastings, merch giveaways, and more. In addition to the app integration, Blended Festival will be a completely cashless festival, inviting all guests to pre-register their activities. The MWS app is available for free download from iTunes and Google Play.